Monday, July 28, 2008

Journal


  • Sunday - my brother, Aaron, invited us to dinner along with Julie and Alan. We made the trip to Provo and supplied the treats - Banana Toffee Pizza. (One of my favorite Pampered Chef dessert recipes, thus far!!). We played some game that could've been fun but Aaron was in and out and the rest of us didn't know the rules/scoring. The game has a different name but I think it has potential. My parents also met us at Aaron's house. They drove down from Pocatello to spend a few days and attend a family wedding in Manti.
  • Monday - I did not go running. I have been a little frustrated because I have been consistently running all summer but it does not seem to be getting easier. I got up an the normal Emma wake-up call around 6:30 and called my mom for an excuse not to run. We made to to Lehi around 10:00 and then headed to the park with the kids and to play frisbee golf. We returned to my sister's house about 1:00 to feed the kids and put them down for naps. I spent the next hour playing the Wii - my first time ever!! I enjoyed Mariocart because it is how I usually played it before. It's a little hard for me not to turn or jump or whatever with my controller. We then had a picnic and minature golf activity for FHE. Emma refused to eat because she wanted to play on the playground. Emma like about the first 5 holes in minature golf and spent the last 13 holes asking for water and fussing because it was past her bedtime. Eric spent most of the day in class but joined us for FHE
  • Tuesday - My three year anniversary!! Crazy! I spent the morning at home with Emma and let her take a long morning nap and then joined the rest of the family in Lehi. Eric spent the day at class and studying for two upcoming tests because he would work most of the weekend. I did manage to pull him away from the books for a chance to eat, alone, together at Cobblestone Pizza in American Fork. We also took a romantic drive through the car wash! Eric promises that we will celebrate more officially this next week.
  • Wednesday - Janessa cam and stayed at our place and Julie brought the boys out to come swimming in the pool. It was fun. We had spaghetti for lunch and then ended the day with one of the most enjoyable grocery shopping trips ever (I have never had such a hard time with Emma and Porter and Andrew were not behaving for Julie, either) !!
  • Thursday - Steve and Mindy came and spent the night. They were passing through for a friends wedding in Provo and thought they might some some time with their favorite relatives. j/k. I planned to make a yummy rice salad, recipe I got from Lara, but ended up having them pick up hamburgers at Artic Circle because Emma wasn't feeling well. She was running a fever as was irritable. Possibly teeth??
  • Saturday - The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Eric studied and worked a lot. Emma continued to be fussy but the fever gradually lessended. I felt like I cleaned out the dishwasher way too much. I tried a couple of new recipes - Fiesta Chili Cornbread, Summer Cobb Salad, and Mango Sundaes. The cornbread and salad were marginal but of course the treat was delicious. The only time I ran was on Saturday morning with Emma in the stroller.

1 comment:

Kristi Sue Fulton said...

Karen, you are busy!! I am glad to hear that you are not consistently running either. Makes me feel better:)