Monday, March 10, 2008

12 Month Checkup

Eric scheduled the 12 month check-up at 3:50 pm so that I could attend. I do like feeling a part of things but I sure didn't want to have to help hold Emma down as she got her shots. As we entered our room, the nursing assistant asked us to undress Emma and lay her on the table/chair thing. As soon as I put her down, Emma looked up at the lights and realized that she wasn't going to like this. She remembered. So the fussing began. She didn't like getting measured or weighed but at least she was consolable. I wished that I would have remembered to bring her teddy. She loves teddy bears and will hug them when she is sad. By the time they got around to giving her shot (only one this visit), Emma was wailing full scale. She was not happy. I got her dressed again and she was only whimpering by the time we left. We left hoping that she would forget all about the shots.

Emma measured
Lengh: 27 and 3/4 inches (10th percentile)
Weight: 18lbs and 3oz (5th percentile)
Head Circumference: 45 (<50 percentile)

However, when I was changing Emma's diaper at church this past Sunday, I layed her on the changing table and she looked up at the lights and started screaming. She remembered the doctor's office and the shots. I think that we have reached that stage when she remembers and doctor's visits are associated with things that hurt.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You know, it's kind of funny how kids remember things. Clark and Parker are both scared of the doctor, but they seem to know when the doctor is coming for them versus their brother. When it's Parker's turn at the doctor, Clark is really nice to Dr. Adams, but when it's his turn, he runs away!
I like your blog, keep it up!

brookelovesjay said...

oh my goodness girl she is tiny! i am pretty sure chase will reach 18 lbs in only a matter of months (he was 12 lbs at his 8 week appt and has his 16 wk appt the first week of april). anyway, we need to get together soon. when do you ever have pesky work off?

Misty said...

she is very cute...and tiny. Tyler's head and weight (I don't remember his height) were both bigger than that at 7 months. But, he's a boy and it's good for girls to be little! =)