From experience after experience of mom after mom after mom not remembering the details about their child's communication development, I am doing a pretty poor job at recording the important milestones that Emma reachers as well as the little things that Emma is doing that we find so adorable.
Emma is now 13 months old and she is crusing along furniture, standing solitary for 5-10 seconds, and is talking a few steps on her own. I would absolutely love it if she would be walking by Easter but as we are down to a couple of days, I don't think that she will make it. She has mastered crawling and is able to get anywhere her little heart desires.
As far as communication goes, Emma is saying a few words. I think that one of her favorite words to say is "Hug." It comes out more like 'uk' but she uses that consistently when she is giving somebody a hug. One of my favorite is when she comments on a necklace that I am wearing by saying, "Ohwow." She definetly understands "no" and she uses it appropriately every once in a while. Unfortunately, she already is using that word!! At times, I can get her to say "up" or "out" when she wants to climp up or to get out of the tub. This past weekend she started to say "sof" for soft. Emma is fascinated with babies. She has a cousin that is 3 months, who is nearly as big as she it, but she absolutely loves him. When she seems him, she immediately crawls over and wants to pat his head, touch his eyes, and grab his mouth. This past Friday, Emma got over to her cousin and started being a little rough with him. So we responded with "soft" and Emma immediately started saying, "Sof, sof" as she was stroking his head. She repeated the same thing but with a different baby on Saturday night at an Elder's Quorum party. These are the words that we can understand. Emma is constantly babbling. She is using psuedo-words and even has correct intonation. I often wonder what she is trying to explain because she talks all day long.
Emma is a smart little cookie. At lunch today, I made a comment to Eric about my food being hot. He was feeding Emm carrots. Right after that comment, on the next bite, Emma started blowing on the carrots prior to opening up and eating them. She then repeated blowing on the carrots several different times throughout lunch. Tonight as I was putting her down for the night, she grabbed her sippy cup and starting blowing on that is well.
Emma is also such a social little butterfly. I mentioned this a little bit with her fascination of babies, but she really loves being with children. The other day when I went visiting teaching, we visited a sister who has a 2 year old son. Most of the time we are there, he ignores Emma and when he does give her a slight bit of attention it is usually to attempt to shoo her away. Well, while we were visitng, Emma started to get fussy for no apparent reason. However, it soon became obvious that everytime this little boy left the room, Emma would cry. Emma also did this when she was watched by a neighbor when I had to stay at school late for SEP nights. However, this time, it was a little girl. Everytime the little girl left the room, Emma would get upset until the girl returned. Whenever Emma sees any children, she startes squeling, flailing her arms, and tries to get herself to where they are. She definitely doesn't take after me in that regard - I have never been very social
2015 Newsletter
10 years ago
4 comments:
Haha, you make me laugh, you not social! You were always the one who made me go out and do things and having great parties! So cute with Emma though. That was one of my favorite things with Carter, him blowing on his "hot" food.
way to write up a detailed report on your child's motor, social, and communication milestones. so if you ever need it you can print that up and hand it in. You did skip the fine motor skill development. she is such a doll.
btw, how are you doing? surviving? only one term left you know...
How fun to see her little personality just blossoming!
I found your blog! Emma is so cute and I enjoy entertaining her during sunday school1
Post a Comment